Tips for baking and cooking with Meister's All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- Substitute cup for cup of wheat flour for Meister's All Purpose Gluten Free Flour in all recipes except for yeast bread recipes and recipes that are already formulated for gluten free flour
- When measuring flour for recipes lightly spoon flour into measuring cup
DO NOT SCOOP FLOUR WITH MEASURING CUP
- Add 1 1/2 times the baking powder if your recipe calls for baking powder
(example- if the recipe calls for 1 tsp,use 1 1/2 tsp
- DO NOT OVERBAKE or It WIll Turn Out Dry
- Check your oven temperature with an oven thermometer to see if your oven temperature is accurate because that can make a difference when baking. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. When oven is pre-heated place oven thermometer on oven rack for about 20 minutes. Check to see what temperature is on the thermometer. If the temperature is higher than 350 degrees than you need to decrease your oven temperature by that amount. If temperature is lower than 350 degrees than you need to increase your oven temperature by that amount.
- If batter seems too dry add a little more liquid. Use whatever the recipe calls for (water, milk, oil, etc)
- Adding pudding to recipes adds more moisture to the baked goods (vanilla works best but you could use chocolate or lemon if your recipe is one of those flavors)
- Store leftover muffins, cookies, cakes, and quick breads in an airtight container in the freezer to keep it fresh
- To re-heat frozen muffins, cakes, and quick breads use microwave heat setting thaw/ defrost instead of the cook setting. Baked goods will taste just like they do when it comes fresh out of the oven.
- Use for white sauce, gravies, or cheese sauce (always 4 TBSP of Meister's Gluten Free Flour to 2 c of liquid-water, juice, milk, etc) You can cut recipe in half if needed.
- When using Meister's All Purpose Gluten Free Flour use regular cookbooks instead of the Gluten Free cookbooks. The Gluten Free cookbooks are already formulated for Gluten Free Flours so our mixture will not always work. We want to make it easier for you to be able to use the cookbooks that you have instead of having to go buy new Gluten Free cookbooks and you will only have to use ONE flour mixture. This way you are still able to make your favorite family recipes.
the Meister's Gluten Free Mixtures newsletter